Welcome to the third ever AVL Scarefest feedback survey! We're playing 20 questions! Please be assured your responses are confidential and we will totally not sit around for hours dissecting your submissions and trying to piece together who said what. No possibility of that at all. Because we're not into dissection. Usually.
1. First, the basics: did you come for one day, or the whole weekend?
One day, because I have a life.Weekend, this is my life.Two days, because I like to make surveys complicated.
2. How would you rate your overall experience at Scarefest this year?"
1 - Like being slowly devoured by swampodiles.2345 - More magical than having my toes nibbled by the Tiny Turtles while being given a back rub by the Yeti.
3. How would you rate your overall gaming experience (leaving out things like venue, lodging, etc.)?
1 - I've had more fun playing D&D with my pet turtle.2345 - It was like I'd died and gone to gamer heaven. I feel the touch of Gary Gygax!
4. How would you rate the venue overall (location, gaming hall, and lodging)?
1 - Worse than the Bog of Eternal Stench2345 - More beautiful and amazing than Qualinesti...
5. What'd you think of the game selection? Did we offer enough variety? The kind of games you wanted to play? What game should we have had more of, or did we leave out entirely but you'd like it there next year?
6. So, how did you like the new systems of distributing prizes? Seem fair and fun?
1 - About as fair and fun as being kidnapped and forced to work as a literal muckraker in the sustenance pools of Yog Sothoth2345 - Like finally being validated for my lifetime of work and suffering by encountering my fairy godmother at your convention.
7. Any suggestions for how we can distribute that boatload of prizes more effectively next year? [Remember: we might have even more...]
8. If you purchased lodging, where did you stay? [If you didn't stay on-site this year, you can skip to #9]
The WinsboroughAssembly InnGlen Rock ApartmentNone of the Above
OK, this is for those of you who stayed in the Winsborough: How was it?
1 - I thought I had actually been consigned to the fourth layer of hell.2345 - I love that place more than my Dragonskin Luggage. Party on!!
And all you Assembly Inn people in the house...how were your digs?
1 - For the price I paid, I expect at least a TV, dammit!2345 - I actually can't bear the thought of leaving, so I just hide under the bed when someone comes in.
And can we get a shout out from the Glen Rock Apartment people?
1 - More suckage than Charybdis.2345 - Like finding Avalon stuck in a pocket dimension.
9. How was the schedule? Did we start too early, end too late? Were the slots long enough for the games? What would you think about making all the sessions half an hour shorter, and starting Saturday morning later or making lunch longer?
10. Should we consider expanding to be a four day convention? And if so, should we start on Thursday, or finish on Monday?
11. Would you be interested in participating in a one-session, horror-themed LARP, if it was available next year?
Yes! This is what has always been missing!Meh. Maybe, if there's nothing else I want to play that session.OMG, no...I'm a nerd, but there are limits.
12. If you got a meal ticket: was it acceptable? Worth the money you paid? Would you be willing to pay a bit more to have all the meals be like Sunday lunch?
13. Were you happy with your shirt and/or dice?
14. Does the convention ticket price feel low, high, or just right for what you get?
Too expensive; most of these games don't even require many pieces!Too cheap! If Amie didn't earn her bottle of scotch this year, next year I would happily pay more!Just right. I feel well satisfied with my purchase.
15. Was there anything that you wished our vendor sold, that wasn't available?
16. What do you think could use attention and improvement for next year?
17. Were there elements of our event you feel were just...unnecessary? You didn't hate them, but you totally didn't care about them, either?
18. OK, what did you love?
19. What are we missing? Stuff you desperately want to see at Scarefest, but it has yet to appear...?
20. Tell us whatever else you think we should know:
[honeypot website-50 move-inline-css:true]
Comments are closed.