As of the time of this writing, it is April 4, 2022 and we have *absolutely no idea* what state of The Plague will be in October. Yes, this is distressing, and not only because that crystal ball was expensive, and now we can’t find the weird little vendor so we can return it…
Nevertheless, it is in human nature to want to know, to need assurances about the future, etc. So here’s what we’ve got right now:
We’re not making a call right at this moment about whether we’ll require proof of vaccination and/or masks to attend this year’s Scarefest. But we can tell you upon what metrics that decision will be made. In the weeks leading up to the actual event, we will be monitoring infection rates in the US. The CDC maintains a map of infection rates that breaks it down to a county level. If the levels of new cases in October are high, in the NC and surrounding areas or in the US in general, we will require proof of vaccination for attendance. If we’re living in a solid red block…honestly, we may cancel the convention and refund your money. We seriously do not want to be responsible for a super spreader event, or even one death. We reserve the right to require proof of vaccination even if new cases are registered at medium or low. Please remember that it’s just because we care.
Expect this page, and our FB page, to be updated as events change. If there’s one thing we know at this point, it’s that The Plague is unpredictable. Feel free to contact us directly if you have questions or concerns.